Welcome to Kent State University at Ashtabula! Kent State Ashtabula has been recognized four times as one of the top universities doing the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs list of Military Friendly Schools.
At Kent State Ashtabula, we appreciate your service and look forward to assisting you as you pursue your education. Here are the steps you need to complete to use your GI Bill® at Kent State Ashtabula:
1. Gather Documents: Make sure you have the following list of documents to make the application process as smooth as possible. If you don't currently have these documents, please insure that you apply for them immediately in order to have them when they are needed.
- Driver's license or valid identification
- Social security card
- College transcripts from any prior colleges attended
- High school transcript (the actual diploma will not suffice) or GED certificate
- Once you know what GI Bill® you are going to use, you must complete the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) as soon as possible. Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and print your email confirmation. The Kent State Ashtabula school code is 003052.
- Have your bank account and routing numbers available so your benefits can be directly deposited.
2. Apply to Kent State Ashtabula: Have a credit card available to pay the $40 application fee online, or bring cash or check to our Student Services office in Main Hall to pay the fee. Once your application is processed, you will receive an acceptance letter with instructions for placement testing. Once testing is complete, you can make an appointment to schedule your classes.
3. Complete VA Intent of Enrollment Form (Every Semester): Once you've scheduled classes, complete the VA Intent of Enrollment Form. This can either be completed online or through a paper form found at the Student Services office in Main Hall. If completing the paper form, it can be returned to the Student Services office receptionist.
Sr. Special Assistant
email@example.com | 440-964-4309