Diversity In Action Council
Kent State University at Trumbull is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the value of bringing together people from a wide range of diverse cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities. The Diversity in Action Council is responsible for creating and supporting opportunities for the campus community to get together and experience diversity.
- Work closely with the campus dean to provide overall leadership on all diversity matters for the campus.
- Provide periodic feedback to the assistant dean on diversity initiatives at other campuses.
- Monitor progress on Strategic Diversity Indicators and prepare annual report on progress.
- Communicate regularly with the Office of the Vice President DEI to ensure harmony with the university direction on diversity initiatives.
2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR EVENTS:
A Poetry Reading with Manuel Iris (Sept. 16, 2022)
NATIONAL HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
PRESENTED BYKENT STATE TRUMBULLDIVERSITY IN ACTION COUNCIL
2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR EVENTS:
- Domestic Violence Awareness Display
- Hispanic Heritage Month Display
- Hispanic Heritage Month Film Screenings: "Invisible Eye" "NO" "Instructions Not Included"
- Kent State Trumbull Town Hall: "My Life Matters" (In collaboration with Building Black Leaders Program)
- My BLACK Life Video Series (Sponsored by Building Black Leaders Program), Videos
- #BlackLivesMatter: Put Forth Action Database (Sponsored by Building Black Leaders Program), Database
2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR EVENTS:
- Deaf Community Theatre: "See No Beast, Hear No Beast, Speak No Beast"
- Art Installation: "Behind Closed Doors"
- Clothesline Display
- Black History Month: Trivia
- Black History Month Film Screening: "Horror Noire"
- Diversity Conversations: What's the Tea Hour "Natural Hair, Don't Care"(Sponsored by Building Black Leaders Program)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: "What Were You Wearing?" Exhibit Video Information
- Girls in STEM: Trumbull County
- Kent State Gospel Choir Concert
- Safe Space Training (Sponsored by the Pride Alliance Club and Assistant Dean)
- Tunnel of Oppression Art and Poster Contest
- Women Oral History Project Workshop and Reading, Video.
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Brazilian Music Concert (In collaboration with the Kent State University at Trumbull Concert Series)
- Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month and Women's History Month: Poster/Banner Display
- Film Screening and Skype Q&A: "Beyond the Wall"