Senior Guest Admission
SENIOR GUEST PROGRAM
The Senior Guest Program at Kent State University allows persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses tuition-free, on a space-available basis and with faculty approval.
Senior guests do not receive grades and no credit is awarded. Senior guests request to enroll in one to two courses per semester, during a designated enrollment period.
SENIOR GUEST REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Information on this page is for registration at the Ashtabula Campus only.
- To find registration information for other Kent State campuses, visit Senior Guest Campus Contact Information.
- To be eligible, senior guests must be 60 years of age or older and have resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Senior guest admission to courses is by faculty approval. If seats are available in your requested course, the Office of Continuing and Distant Education will contact the faculty member and notify you about whether your course request has been approved or denied.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review and follow Flashes Safe Eight safety protocols.
REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES
The Senior Guest application for classes is not available at this time.
Registration closed on Jan. 9, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- Any distance learning and material fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to www.kent.edu/ashtabula/class-schedules-final-exams
- Click on the Class Schedule Search button
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Ashtabula Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
SENIOR GUEST RESOURCES
FLASHcard - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.